Silicone Breast Implants
in Beverly Hills
Women who are considering breast augmentation to change the size and shape of their breast can choose to get a silicone breast implant. This kind of implant is pre-filled with silicone-gel which gives it the look and feel of natural breast tissue. Silicone breast implants are available to women 22 years or older at Dr. Khalil’s Beverly Hills plastic surgery practice.
Pros and Cons of Silicone Breast Implants Beverly Hills
- Silicone breast implants are FDA approved and considered to be safe for breast augmentation, breast revision, and breast reconstruction surgeries.
- A silicone breast implants closely resembles a natural breast tissue so most women prefer it because it gives a more realistic feel and look of a natural breast.
- Silicone are light so there’s a lower risk of downward displacement due to gravity with this type of implant.
- Since silicone is thicker, the shell doesn’t fold as easily and are less prone to wrinkling or rippling.
- When it comes to surgery, silicone breast implants are already pre-filled so it requires larger incisions and can cause slight scarring.
- Cost. On average, silicone breast implants are slightly expensive than any other implants because of its natural feel and it retains its shape and size for years.
- Rupture. Silicone is not absorbed by the body so ruptures or leaks are harder to detect without using an x-ray.
We want to hear from you!
Silicone Breast Implants Profiles
High Profile Implants
- High profile, also known as the augmented look, are designed for patients who have small ribcages and women who does not have a lot of breast tissue. It is much narrower than other breast implants and projects more outward.
Moderate Plus Implants
- Moderate plus profile isin between the medium and high profile breast implants. Ithas a greater amount of projection for a given base diameter than the moderate profile and has less projection than the high profile.
Moderate Profile Implants
- Moderate profile is for patients who wanta more natural or small increase in breast volume. It is the lowest profile implant which means they have the slightest projection for a given diameter.
Ultra-High Profile Implants
- Ultra-High profile are ideal for women with narrow chest who wants to go bigger. This type of implant offers the fullness and forward projection that most patients are seeking.